Hatton Country World
Our first school trip...
A fun day had by all where the children were a credit to the school.
We set off on the coach and travelled to Hatton. Upon arrival we were met by the smiling faces of our group leaders. We were soon in our 3 groups and on our way to adventure around the park. Things we did:
- Tractor ride where we learnt about different breeds of farm animals and all the different crops that Hatton grow.
- Feeding. We fed goats and sheep and got up close and personal with ducks, pigs and piglets, goats with their kids and donkeys. Gordon the goat stole our feeding cup so we put him on the leaf!
- Scales and Tails. We kept quiet as we explored the lizards, spiders, large snails, snakes, bunnies, chicks, cockatoo, turtles and tortoises.
- We held guinea pigs carefully and kindly. Many enjoyed sitting on the children's laps and snuggling into their arms.
- SOFT PLAY. Where the children were able to showcase how acrobatic they were, balancing and climbing and remembering to not give up when faced with obstacles that they were unsure of.
A fantastic experience for all.